Intel ready to turn Android into Windows-like OS
Washington: Intel is reportedly thinking beyond Microsoft when it comes to a full-fledged `client` operating system, and the best bet today for it is Google`s Android.
The chipmaker`s general manager, Kirk Skaugen said that for the last decade they have been essentially 100 percent Microsoft but now with the emerging markets demand for Android is seen.
According to Cnet, Skaugen explained that Android apps are written for phone, in portrait mode, and a significant percentage doesn`t exist in landscape mode for larger screens.
He further said that Intel is going to scale Android to 64-bit and allow it to scale from Atom processors to the high-end of the Core processor family and get it into larger scale screens and allow multi-windowing.
The report said that Intel`s plans for Android would apparently take the smartphone OS to a territory that was once exclusive to Windows.
- Funny video alert! ‘Housefull 3’ trio - Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh - goes crazy
- Check jkbose.co.in for JKBOSE 12th Results 2016: Jammu and Kashmir Board Class 12 results declared
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: Manohar Parrikar to make statement in Parliament today
- IPL 2016: Unsold at auction, Hashim Amla signed by Kings XI Punjab as replacement for injured Shaun Marsh
- NEET 2016: 2nd phase to be held on July 24; Centre and CBSE should start preparations, says Supreme Court