LHC revamp promises huge power boost for `God particle` follow-up
London: Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is set for a massive power boost, paving its way for a dramatic follow-up to "God particle".
According to researchers, work on the upgrade would be taking place throughout 2014, and by the end of the year it is going to have its particle energy boosted from eight trillion electrovolts, or teraelectronvolts (TeV) to 14 TeV.
The refurbishment opens up the possibility of solving the Dark Matter`s mystery, finding proof of a far-reaching cosmic concept called "supersymmetry", and even finding signs of extra hidden dimensions that help resolve the mystery of gravity, the Independent reported.
Supersymmetry says that for every matter particle there exists a corresponding force- carrying particle as well.
The power boost could also help researchers find more Higgs bosons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi