LHC revamp promises huge power boost for `God particle` follow-up
London: Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is set for a massive power boost, paving its way for a dramatic follow-up to "God particle".
According to researchers, work on the upgrade would be taking place throughout 2014, and by the end of the year it is going to have its particle energy boosted from eight trillion electrovolts, or teraelectronvolts (TeV) to 14 TeV.
The refurbishment opens up the possibility of solving the Dark Matter`s mystery, finding proof of a far-reaching cosmic concept called "supersymmetry", and even finding signs of extra hidden dimensions that help resolve the mystery of gravity, the Independent reported.
Supersymmetry says that for every matter particle there exists a corresponding force- carrying particle as well.
The power boost could also help researchers find more Higgs bosons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM