LHC revamp promises huge power boost for `God particle` follow-up
London: Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is set for a massive power boost, paving its way for a dramatic follow-up to "God particle".
According to researchers, work on the upgrade would be taking place throughout 2014, and by the end of the year it is going to have its particle energy boosted from eight trillion electrovolts, or teraelectronvolts (TeV) to 14 TeV.
The refurbishment opens up the possibility of solving the Dark Matter`s mystery, finding proof of a far-reaching cosmic concept called "supersymmetry", and even finding signs of extra hidden dimensions that help resolve the mystery of gravity, the Independent reported.
Supersymmetry says that for every matter particle there exists a corresponding force- carrying particle as well.
The power boost could also help researchers find more Higgs bosons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!