Now, robot bartender to serve cocktails
London: Scientists have developed a robot that can act as the perfect bartender - from shaking a martini to slicing a lemon.
Makr Shakr consists of three robotic arms which mimic the actions of a bartender.
The robots are linked to an app which allows users to create their own cocktails from scratch, BBC News reported.
"Makr Shakr is a great example of how digital technologies are changing the interaction between people and products," said Carlo Ratti, director of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology`s Senseable City Lab, which directed the project.
"The system explores the new dynamics of social creation and consumption - `design, make and enjoy` - allowing users to design their own cocktail creations, while digitally controlled machines transform these designs into reality," Ratti said.
The team behind the project hope to create a "bottom-up bar culture", allowing users to learn from each other by sharing drink recipes and photos.
The robots` movements have been modelled on the gestures of Roberto Bolle, a principal dancer with the American Ballet Theatre.
Makr Shakr will be serving cocktails to delegates at the Google I/O conference in San Francisco this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?