`Roombots` to serve you as table, chair
London: You have seen robots doing household chores. Now meet robotic blocks that can assemble on your demand to turn into a table, chair or stool!
Billed as “roombots”, these robotic furniture can self assemble into various shapes.
“Each “roombot” is a completely independent unit - a 9-inch-long block that resembles a pair of dice joined together,” said Massimo Vespignani from Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne in Switzerland.
It contains a battery and three small motors that allow it to move in three different dimensions.
The “roombot” also has a set of retractable claws so it can hook onto other bots to create bigger structures, or attach onto connectors in its environment, media reports said.
“The `roombot` can move along a grid of tracks on the floor or wall and connect to other blocks, or the blocks can disconnect from the grid and move freely around a room,” Vespignani explained.
“Roombots” could help differentially abled or elderly people, the researchers said in a study, to be published in the journal Robotics and Autonomous Systems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city