`Roombots` to serve you as table, chair
London: You have seen robots doing household chores. Now meet robotic blocks that can assemble on your demand to turn into a table, chair or stool!
Billed as “roombots”, these robotic furniture can self assemble into various shapes.
“Each “roombot” is a completely independent unit - a 9-inch-long block that resembles a pair of dice joined together,” said Massimo Vespignani from Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne in Switzerland.
It contains a battery and three small motors that allow it to move in three different dimensions.
The “roombot” also has a set of retractable claws so it can hook onto other bots to create bigger structures, or attach onto connectors in its environment, media reports said.
“The `roombot` can move along a grid of tracks on the floor or wall and connect to other blocks, or the blocks can disconnect from the grid and move freely around a room,” Vespignani explained.
“Roombots” could help differentially abled or elderly people, the researchers said in a study, to be published in the journal Robotics and Autonomous Systems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt