Super-camera to catch more traffic violations in UK
London: A super-camera capable of catching even the most minor traffic offences is set to be introduced across the UK.
The robocamera can catch up to 50 times as many drivers as conventional speed cameras.
Called ZenGrab LaneWatch, the digital cameras can be attached to lampposts and do not require advance warning signs, `Daily Express` reported.
The new cameras can catch out motorists who stop in yellow boxes and make illegal U-turns.
A box junction is a road traffic control measure designed to prevent congestion and gridlock at junctions.
The footage is transmitted by 3G to the council to decide whether to issue penalty or not.
There has been a huge increase in the number of traffic contraventions detected by Westminster Council in UK.
The two roads in central London where it is testing the cameras spotted a staggering 1,076 contraventions over four weeks, the report said.
On the other hand, current CCTV, on which index plates can be blurred, only caught 271 minor offences in a year.
The camera system has already been used during the London Olympics to enforce the Games Lanes reserved for athletes and officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report