11 Pakistani sailors freed in Mozambique
Maputo (Mozambique): Eleven Pakistani sailors detained at a port in Mozambique for illegally docking their ship have been released after 21 days, Xinhua reported Tuesday.
The Pakistanis, crew of the ship Al-Raymanz, were detained in the central province of Zambezia after the authorities suspected the vessel was carrying illegal cargo or transporting illegal migrants to South Africa.
It was later found that the vessel was not transporting anything illegal.
The ship was held in Quelimane after docking.
The vessel had run out of fuel and the crew members told Radio Mozambique they docked at the harbour in search for food and water.
The Pakistanis spent 21 days at the port even after paying a fine to the provincial maritime services, Zambezia maritime administrator Daniel Sitoi told Xinhua.
"The 11 crew members have left as nothing was suspected to have occurred clandestinely," he said.
Their release was ordered by Mozambican Defence Minister Jacinto Nyusi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!