40 militants surrender in Afghanistan
Kabul: Forty Afghan militants on Friday laid down arms as part of a government-led peace process, an official said.
The insurgents surrendered to the authorities in Baghlan province, 160 km from Kabul, provincial governor Munshi Abdul Majid said.
Over 3,000 militants have joined the peace process over the past year, Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan