Afghan policeman kills 9 colleagues; joins Taliban
Kabul: An Afghan policeman on Friday shot dead
nine of his colleagues, including his brother, as they slept
and fled with their weapons in a truck to join Taliban ranks
in Afghanistan`s eastern Paktika province, police said.
"The incident happened while the shooter was guarding the
check point and all other policemen were sleeping," said
Paktika provincial police chief Gen Dawlat Khan Zadran.
The shooter, identified as Asadullah, was in contact with
the insurgents in Yahyakhail district in Paktika province and
targeted the other fellows as part of a plan, he said.
After killings, he gathered all weapons in a police truck
and run away from the area to an unknown location.
"Among the policemen who have been shot, one of them is
shooter`s bother," said Zadran, adding the commander of the
check point with two of his sons and five others were among
Mokhlis Afghan, spokesman for the governor of Paktika
province, said that two other brothers -- both policemen -- of
Asadullah have been arrested for questioning.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid claimed
responsibility for the attack.
In a text message to the media, Mujahid said: "Last
night, one of our fighters attacked on a security check post,
as a result of his attack nine local policemen were killed."
The fighter was able to escape and join the other Taliban
ranks in the area, Mujahid said.
Meanwhile, two NATO soldiers were killed in southern
In a statement, International forces said one of their
soldiers died in a roadside bomb explosion today and the other
one in an insurgent attack that took place last night in
southern part of the country.
The statement did not identify the nationality of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read