Afghanistan marks Independence Day
Kabul: Afghan officials` mark the country`s 94th Independence Day from Britain with a small military parade and folk festivals in the capital.
President Hamid Karzai and cabinet members attended a parade today to mark the event, which commemorates the day Afghanistan signed a treaty with Britain in 1919 making it independent.
US secretary of State John Kerry says in a message that the date signifies Afghan sovereignty as the country strives to fully take control of its future as foreign military forces prepare to withdraw at the of 2014.
Afghanistan took control of its security from foreign military forces two months ago, nearly 12 years after the American invasion to oust the Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31