Afghanistan’s forces seize drugs
Kabul: The Afghan police have seized nearly 1,250 kg of drugs in the country`s southern province of Helmand, in the latest raid against narcotics and drug trafficking in the country, police said on Sunday.
Afghan Special Counter-Narcotic Police supported by national police found over 1,000 kg hashish and 240 kg dry opium in Khanshin and Garmser districts, Xinhua quoted police officer Nabi Ilham as saying.
He said a tractor, two vehicles and a motorcycle were also confiscated in the raids, adding no person was detained during the seizure in the province 555 km south of Kabul.
Insurgency-hit Afghanistan produces about 90 percent of the world`s opium, the raw element for making heroin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'