Afghanistan’s forces seize drugs
Kabul: The Afghan police have seized nearly 1,250 kg of drugs in the country`s southern province of Helmand, in the latest raid against narcotics and drug trafficking in the country, police said on Sunday.
Afghan Special Counter-Narcotic Police supported by national police found over 1,000 kg hashish and 240 kg dry opium in Khanshin and Garmser districts, Xinhua quoted police officer Nabi Ilham as saying.
He said a tractor, two vehicles and a motorcycle were also confiscated in the raids, adding no person was detained during the seizure in the province 555 km south of Kabul.
Insurgency-hit Afghanistan produces about 90 percent of the world`s opium, the raw element for making heroin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30