Afghanistan’s forces seize drugs
Kabul: The Afghan police have seized nearly 1,250 kg of drugs in the country`s southern province of Helmand, in the latest raid against narcotics and drug trafficking in the country, police said on Sunday.
Afghan Special Counter-Narcotic Police supported by national police found over 1,000 kg hashish and 240 kg dry opium in Khanshin and Garmser districts, Xinhua quoted police officer Nabi Ilham as saying.
He said a tractor, two vehicles and a motorcycle were also confiscated in the raids, adding no person was detained during the seizure in the province 555 km south of Kabul.
Insurgency-hit Afghanistan produces about 90 percent of the world`s opium, the raw element for making heroin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof