Afghanistan’s forces seize drugs
Kabul: The Afghan police have seized nearly 1,250 kg of drugs in the country`s southern province of Helmand, in the latest raid against narcotics and drug trafficking in the country, police said on Sunday.
Afghan Special Counter-Narcotic Police supported by national police found over 1,000 kg hashish and 240 kg dry opium in Khanshin and Garmser districts, Xinhua quoted police officer Nabi Ilham as saying.
He said a tractor, two vehicles and a motorcycle were also confiscated in the raids, adding no person was detained during the seizure in the province 555 km south of Kabul.
Insurgency-hit Afghanistan produces about 90 percent of the world`s opium, the raw element for making heroin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH