Afghanistan’s forces seize drugs
Kabul: The Afghan police have seized nearly 1,250 kg of drugs in the country`s southern province of Helmand, in the latest raid against narcotics and drug trafficking in the country, police said on Sunday.
Afghan Special Counter-Narcotic Police supported by national police found over 1,000 kg hashish and 240 kg dry opium in Khanshin and Garmser districts, Xinhua quoted police officer Nabi Ilham as saying.
He said a tractor, two vehicles and a motorcycle were also confiscated in the raids, adding no person was detained during the seizure in the province 555 km south of Kabul.
Insurgency-hit Afghanistan produces about 90 percent of the world`s opium, the raw element for making heroin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city