Arrest warrant for Musharraf in Bugti case
Islamabad: A Pakistani court on Wednesday issued arrest warrants for former military ruler Pervez Musharraf and several others accused of involvement in the killing of Baloch nationalist leader Nawab Akbar Bugti in 2006.
The warrants were issued by Judge Muhammad Nawaz Khan of the anti-terrorism court at Sibi in Balochistan province.
Besides Musharraf, the others for whom arrest warrants were issued were former Premier Shaukat Aziz, former Interior Minister Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao, former Balochistan Governor Owais Ghanni, former Chief Minister Jam Yusuf, former provincial Home Minister Shoaib Nosherwani and former Deputy Commissioner Abdul Samad Lasi.
All of them were named as suspects in an FIR registered by police regarding the killing of Bugti in a military operation ordered by Musharraf.
The former President has been living in self-exile in London and Dubai since early 2009.
The court subsequently adjourned the case till July 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway