Bangladesh: Storms kill 17 people, dozens injured
Dhaka: News reports say storms with heavy rains and strong winds have killed at least 17 people and injured dozens more in Bangladesh.
Dhaka`s Prothom Alo and Janakantha newspapers say Friday`s storms damaged mud-and-straw huts and felled trees in 10 of the country`s 64 districts.
The reports say most of the deaths occurred from lightning. Some victims were buried under their collapsed houses.
Official confirmation of the reports was not immediately available.
Rainstorms are common in Bangladesh, a tropical delta nation of 160 million people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!
- It's terrible and awful - parents leave daughters to starve at Delhi home
- 'India can recast global narrative; needs 8-10% growth'
- Govt invites public comments on changing financial year
- Top Chinese general held in China's anti-graft campaign?