Bangladesh: Storms kill 17 people, dozens injured
Dhaka: News reports say storms with heavy rains and strong winds have killed at least 17 people and injured dozens more in Bangladesh.
Dhaka`s Prothom Alo and Janakantha newspapers say Friday`s storms damaged mud-and-straw huts and felled trees in 10 of the country`s 64 districts.
The reports say most of the deaths occurred from lightning. Some victims were buried under their collapsed houses.
Official confirmation of the reports was not immediately available.
Rainstorms are common in Bangladesh, a tropical delta nation of 160 million people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'