Bangladesh: Storms kill 17 people, dozens injured
Dhaka: News reports say storms with heavy rains and strong winds have killed at least 17 people and injured dozens more in Bangladesh.
Dhaka`s Prothom Alo and Janakantha newspapers say Friday`s storms damaged mud-and-straw huts and felled trees in 10 of the country`s 64 districts.
The reports say most of the deaths occurred from lightning. Some victims were buried under their collapsed houses.
Official confirmation of the reports was not immediately available.
Rainstorms are common in Bangladesh, a tropical delta nation of 160 million people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Pakistan taking unpleasant interest in imposing upon India their vicious motives: Khurshid
- Soon, share all kinds of files on WhatsApp; get better authentication feature
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week
- Asthma breakthrough? Scientists find novel way to prevent the disease!