Bangladesh: Storms kill 17 people, dozens injured
Dhaka: News reports say storms with heavy rains and strong winds have killed at least 17 people and injured dozens more in Bangladesh.
Dhaka`s Prothom Alo and Janakantha newspapers say Friday`s storms damaged mud-and-straw huts and felled trees in 10 of the country`s 64 districts.
The reports say most of the deaths occurred from lightning. Some victims were buried under their collapsed houses.
Official confirmation of the reports was not immediately available.
Rainstorms are common in Bangladesh, a tropical delta nation of 160 million people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured