Blast kills 8 Afghans, 1 NATO service member
Kabul: An Afghan official says a bomb exploded near a foot patrol of Afghan and NATO forces in the south of the country, killing eight Afghans and one international service member.
Arghandab district administrator Shah Mohammad says that the group was caught in the blast late Saturday. He says the dead include three police officers, four members of the Afghan local police and one translator.
NATO reported earlier Sunday that one of its service members was killed in a bomb attack in southern Afghanistan on Saturday but did not provide further details. It was not clear if this referred to the same incident, as NATO usually waits for Afghan authorities to confirm the details of deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh