Blast kills 8 Afghans, 1 NATO service member
Kabul: An Afghan official says a bomb exploded near a foot patrol of Afghan and NATO forces in the south of the country, killing eight Afghans and one international service member.
Arghandab district administrator Shah Mohammad says that the group was caught in the blast late Saturday. He says the dead include three police officers, four members of the Afghan local police and one translator.
NATO reported earlier Sunday that one of its service members was killed in a bomb attack in southern Afghanistan on Saturday but did not provide further details. It was not clear if this referred to the same incident, as NATO usually waits for Afghan authorities to confirm the details of deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez