China to raise issue of terror camps in Pakistan with Sharif
Beijing: China will take up the issue of terror training camps for Uygur militants in Pakistan with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif who arrived here for a five-day maiden foreign visit after assuming office last month.
During his visit, Sharif will hold talks with President Xi Jinping, Premier Li Keiqiang and other senior leaders.
Sharif is accompanied by a 11-member high-level delegation that include senior ministers, Punjab and Balochistan Chief Ministers and top officials.
Establishment of an energy corridor and firming up of nuclear energy cooperation will also be discussed during talks with the top leadership.
Sharif opted to visit China for his maiden official foreign trip since assuming office in June as he struggles to address Pakistan`s crippling energy crisis and revive its ailing economy.
Ahead of Sharif`s visit, China`s restive Xinjiang province bordering PoK was rocked by violence, claiming the lives of 35 people.
The violence in the Muslim-majority province brought to the fore Beijing`s concerns that the Uygur militants of the separatist East Turkiministan Islamic Movement (ETIM) are being trained in terror camps in Pakistan.
Chinese official media highlighted Syrian government`s allegations that Uygur militants recruited by ETIM, an affiliate of Al-Qaeda were being trained in Pakistan to fight to oust Assad government in Syria.
One trained militant was caught in Xinjiang few days ago. "The recent resurgence of attacks in Pakistan and Xijiang province probably related to the uncertainty in Afghanistan which gives greater reason for China and Pakistan to cooperate more closely to deal with common threat of terrorism," current affairs commentator Victor Gao Zhikai, told the state run CCTV here today.
"If the Karzai government and Taliban failed to come to terms, the situation in Afghanistan will deteriorate and refuel terrorism and extremism in this part of the world," the expert said.
Answering a question on the issue, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said, "Regarding security situation in Pakistan, we know that Pakistan has made huge and hard efforts to fight terrorism, to maintain national security."
"We believe that the international community should help Pakistan overcome difficulties and meet challenges," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!