Grossman meets Karzai, Afghan High Peace Council
Washington: US Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan, Mark Grossman discussed with Afghan President Hamid Karzai the upcoming NATO summit as well as the
Afghan peace process at a meeting in Tajikistan, the State Department said.
"He saw President Karzai while he was in Dushanbe, and
then today he made a quick trip into Kabul for literally one
meeting because he had seen Karzai in Dushanbe. That was a
meeting with the High Peace Council," State Department
spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters.
"With President Karzai, they consulted on the upcoming
NATO summit, in particular the work that we`re all doing to
get support for the Afghan National Security Forces," she
said, adding that Grossman had been working his way through
Europe looking for support for the Afghan National Security
They also discussed the Afghan peace process. He went on
to Kabul and met with the High Peace Council to discuss the
reconciliation process as well. And apparently, a lot of that
meeting was spent on the situation of women in Afghanistan,
Nuland said in response to a question.
"They discussed the Afghan peace process. They also
discussed the situation of women in Afghanistan," Nuland said,
referring to the meeting between Grossman and Karzai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed