Gunmen kill two paramilitary soldiers in Pakistan
Islamabad: At least two soldiers of paramilitary Frontier Corps were killed and three others injured Thursday when armed men ambushed their vehicle in north-west Pakistan`s restive tribal region, officials said.
The gunmen attacked the vehicle carrying soldiers in Kamar area of Bajaur, one of the seven tribal districts, where al Qaeda linked militants have hideouts.
An official from office of the political agent, the civilian administrator of the district, said that the FC was on routine patrol in the suburbs of the district headquarter Khar, when the incident occurred.
"Two soldiers were killed and three injured in the attack," said the official.
"The attackers fled after the incident."
No body took responsibility but Taliban usually carry out such attacks.
Bajaur was considered as a stronghold of the rebels who not only attack the security forces and civilians but also launch cross border raids in Afghanistan.
The situation has improved in recent months after several targeted operations were carried out by the military but still the militants are active in some remote border areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- SunRisers Hyderabad enter maiden IPL final with four-wicket win over Gujarat Lions
- Over 80 percent of world's city dwellers breathe polluted air: WHO
- CBSE class 10 results 2016 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class X Results, CBSE Class 10th X Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 PM
- 'Third Front' leaders attend Mamata Banerjee's swearing-in as West Bengal CM; 42 ministers take oath
- Panasonic launches 4G VoLTE smartphone Eluga A2 at Rs 9,490