I was joking about entering politics: Dr AQ Khan
Karachi: Disgraced Pakistani nuclear scientist Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan has said he had been joking about contesting in the next elections.
Khan had earlier expressed a desire to pursue a career in politics, and said Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaaf (PTI) was his favoured destination, reports The Express Tribune.
Imran Khan had asked the scientist to join the PTI as a patron last month.
"I would love to join PTI, but on one condition. To pursue real politics, to change Pakistan`s fate," Khan had said.
"People of Pakistan want change. They want to get rid of traditional politicians as they always let them down by (practicing) corrupt politics," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj