I was joking about entering politics: Dr AQ Khan
Karachi: Disgraced Pakistani nuclear scientist Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan has said he had been joking about contesting in the next elections.
Khan had earlier expressed a desire to pursue a career in politics, and said Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaaf (PTI) was his favoured destination, reports The Express Tribune.
Imran Khan had asked the scientist to join the PTI as a patron last month.
"I would love to join PTI, but on one condition. To pursue real politics, to change Pakistan`s fate," Khan had said.
"People of Pakistan want change. They want to get rid of traditional politicians as they always let them down by (practicing) corrupt politics," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL