I was joking about entering politics: Dr AQ Khan
Karachi: Disgraced Pakistani nuclear scientist Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan has said he had been joking about contesting in the next elections.
Khan had earlier expressed a desire to pursue a career in politics, and said Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaaf (PTI) was his favoured destination, reports The Express Tribune.
Imran Khan had asked the scientist to join the PTI as a patron last month.
"I would love to join PTI, but on one condition. To pursue real politics, to change Pakistan`s fate," Khan had said.
"People of Pakistan want change. They want to get rid of traditional politicians as they always let them down by (practicing) corrupt politics," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!