I was joking about entering politics: Dr AQ Khan
Karachi: Disgraced Pakistani nuclear scientist Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan has said he had been joking about contesting in the next elections.
Khan had earlier expressed a desire to pursue a career in politics, and said Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaaf (PTI) was his favoured destination, reports The Express Tribune.
Imran Khan had asked the scientist to join the PTI as a patron last month.
"I would love to join PTI, but on one condition. To pursue real politics, to change Pakistan`s fate," Khan had said.
"People of Pakistan want change. They want to get rid of traditional politicians as they always let them down by (practicing) corrupt politics," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says