`Indian adventures`, terror attacks challenges before Pak: PM Raja Pervez
Islamabad: Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf on Tuesday cited "Indian adventures on the Line of Control" and a wave of terrorist attacks as examples of security challenges faced by Pakistan as it moves toward a general election, which is expected to be held in May.
"Recent Indian adventures on the Line of Control and a wave of terrorist attacks in the country amidst political flux ahead of national elections point towards the magnitude, scale and enormity of the challenges faced by the country," Ashraf said.
Addressing participants of a course on "national security and war" at the National Defence University, the Premier said Pakistan had "initiated a composite dialogue process with India to resolve all issues, including the core issue of Jammu and Kashmir."
He did not go into details of recent ceasefire violations along the LoC.
Ashraf said his government is "fully aware of the criticality of the situation and is taking all possible measures to maintain stability, national cohesion and preserve national interests."
Several ceasefire violations were reported along the LoC this month. They were the worst violations of the ceasefire put in place in 2003. Two Indian soldiers were killed while Pakistan claimed three of its soldiers died in the incidents.
The Directors General of Military Operations of both sides recently discussed the issue.
The Pakistan Premier said there was "national consensus on fighting and eliminating extremism and terrorism which threaten not only our national security but also our way of life."
"We will not allow terrorists and extremists to subdue our will or frighten us. Terrorism has changed our lifestyles. Though the people of Pakistan, its law enforcement agencies, particularly the armed forces, have rendered unprecedented sacrifices...In the fight against terrorism, yet the international clamour to do more refuses to die," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview