Malik was taken into preventive custody from party office at Abi Guzar locality in the heart of the city, ahead of his visit to Eidgah locality in downtown Srinagar.
"Cultural activities, more than anything else, have brought societies, regions and people closer," Mehbooba Mufti said while chairing the General Council meeting of the J&K Academy of Art, Culture & Languages.
J&K Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti alleged that National Conference wants to keep the atmosphere imposed in the Valley as it "can go to any extent for power".
"Geelani and the Mirwaiz have been placed under house arrest as a precautionary measure to maintain law and order," a police official said.
"As of now, there is no immediate report of any casualty or damage to property," Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM), Bhaderwah, Mohammad Anwar Banday, said.
Foreign Office spokesperson Nafees Zakaria said that "despite Pakistan's concern, the presence of over one million troops in Kashmir which is the highest concentration of troops in the world is a hurdle in implementation of the United Nations resolution".
"We have sounded an alert. Security has been beefed up at Katra and other areas of the shrine after the terror attack at army camp in Nagrota," a police officer of Reasi district said.
Prime Minister Modi said, the youth of Jammu and Kashmir aspire to rise in life through education, and he commended them for their enthusiasm.
Militants fired at a bus which was part of the convoy passing through Langate area of the district.
The ceremony was presided over by Justice B P Katakey, Officiating Chairperson, AFT, New Delhi.
Army today foiled three infiltration bids assisted by Pakistani posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir.
Terrorists opened fire outside an 30 Rashtriya Rifles Army camp at Langate, Handwara, in Jammu and Kashmir early this morning.
Amid escalating tension between India and Pakistan, there have been six ceasefire violations along the LoC in past two days. According to ANI, terrorists lobbed a grenade at the residence of Shopian MLA Muhammad Yusuf Bhat last night.
A search operation was launched today by army and police in the R S Pura sector near the Indo-Pak International Border after they received reports of some suspicious movement in the area.
Terrorists on late Sunday night targeted a BSF and an adjoining Army camp in Jammu & Kashmir’s Baramulla district. Initial reports suggest that one BSF personnel lost his life while another one was injured during the gun battle.
- DNA: Boris Becker declared bankrupt over long-standing debt
- Boys try to hit SHO by car in Gurugram - Watch
- Separatist leader Yasin Malik arrested in Srinagar
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Narendra Modi conveys his wishes to the nation on Eid
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- EC disqualifies MP minister over incorrect filing of election expenditure
- Lady police officer scolds BJP leader over arrogant behaviour in UP
- J&K: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Naushera sector
- Bihar: Are the Presidential elections causing a rift in the Mahagathbandhan?
- Oil tanker explodes in Pakistan's Bahawalpur district, many killed
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- PM Modi lands in Washington DC for his 2-day US tour
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- Heavy rains in Mumbai trigger warnings of high tide
- Watch: 140th Jagannath Rath Yatra begins in Ahmedabad
- Adam Gilchrist casts doubt on MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh's continuity till 2019 World Cup
- Presidential election: Sushma Swaraj tweets 2013 Lok Sabha video, says 'This is how Meira Kumar treated Leader of Opposition'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Kiku Sharda welcomes Chandan Prabhakar back with a heartfelt message!
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world’s heaviest woman, can now sit and eat on her own
- 2017 Australian Open Super Series Final: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- WATCH: Smriti Mandhana scores blistering 72-ball 90 in India's World Cup opener against England
- Nitish Kumar uncomfortable in grand alliance with RJD, Congress, will welcome him if he joins NDA: BJP
- Airtel extends 30GB free data offer for another 3 months – Check out details
- Sridevi REVEALS why she refused to play Sivagami in SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali'!
- Baby Elephant chases birds and falls face-down at Sweden zoo – Watch
- West Bengal: BJP demands CM Mamata Banerjee's resignation over attack on MP George Baker
- Haryana govt has disbursed Rs 2,400 cr compensation to farmers: CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Hacking group believes NASA will announce discovery of aliens
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr