‘LTTE fabricated videos to gain propaganda advantage`
Colombo: The Tamil Tigers fabricated video footage to demonise Sri Lankan military and distributed them among international media to gain propaganda advantage, the now defunct LTTE`s former media co-ordinator has claimed.
Velayudam Dayanidhi alias Daya Master told state-owned ITN television that fabricated footage produced in 2002 during the ceasefire with the Army was distributed internationally.
"The footage used by Channel 4 are those fabricated footage issued by the LTTE," Daya Master said.
The British Channel 4 television telecast video footage titled `Sri Lanka killing fields 1 and 2` and `Sri Lanka killing fields - war crimes unpunished` which it alleged carry incriminating evidence of war crimes committed by Lankan troops.
The government has dismissed the Channel 4 videos as fabrications.
On the allegation of LTTE chief V Prabakaran`s 12-year-old son Balachandran`s killing by army in the latest Channel 4 video, Daya Master said Balachandran was under tight protection of LTTE guards and he may have been shot by LTTE guards when tried to flee.
The government has accused the Channel 4 of running a smear campaign against Sri Lanka to coincide with the ongoing UN Human Rights Council sessions in Geneva.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Merger with Samajwadi Party difficult, can forge alliance: Mukhtar Ansari
- Pakistan forces seal MQM party headquarters after TV station attack
- Suspended AAP MP Dharamvira Gandhi floats new front
- Now, get your email address in Hindi
- None of your concern, says Indian Army after China's warning over deployment of BrahMos missile in Arunachal