NATO airstrike kills six in east, says Afghan official
Kabul: An Afghan official says an airstrike by US-led forces has killed four policemen and two civilians in eastern Afghanistan.
The official said today that the airstrike occurred the day before as NATO troops and Taliban militants were fighting about 10 kilometers away from an Afghan police checkpoint in the Deh Yak district of Ghazni province.
District chief Fazel Ahmad Toolwak says the two civilians killed were brothers who were in a car that was being searched by police at the checkpoint.
The coalition says it is looking into the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof