NATO airstrike kills six in east, says Afghan official
Kabul: An Afghan official says an airstrike by US-led forces has killed four policemen and two civilians in eastern Afghanistan.
The official said today that the airstrike occurred the day before as NATO troops and Taliban militants were fighting about 10 kilometers away from an Afghan police checkpoint in the Deh Yak district of Ghazni province.
District chief Fazel Ahmad Toolwak says the two civilians killed were brothers who were in a car that was being searched by police at the checkpoint.
The coalition says it is looking into the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly