NATO airstrike kills six in east, says Afghan official
Kabul: An Afghan official says an airstrike by US-led forces has killed four policemen and two civilians in eastern Afghanistan.
The official said today that the airstrike occurred the day before as NATO troops and Taliban militants were fighting about 10 kilometers away from an Afghan police checkpoint in the Deh Yak district of Ghazni province.
District chief Fazel Ahmad Toolwak says the two civilians killed were brothers who were in a car that was being searched by police at the checkpoint.
The coalition says it is looking into the report.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?