NATO begins Afghan withdrawal
Islamabad: The first phase of NATO`s withdrawal from Afghanistan began Sunday with 25 containers containing military equipment entering Pakistan, media reports said.
Dawn News said the convoy of 25 containers was provided with routine security for its journey from Torkham to Karachi.
According to Xinhua, the containers were heading to the port city of Karachi for shipment.
Fawad Khan, who works for private company Bilal Associates responsible for shipment of US cargo from Afghanistan, said his company cleared the US defence equipment at the Torkham border point.
"The convoy left for Karachi after customs clearance," he was quoted as saying.
The US, which currently has more than 60,000 troops in Afghanistan, plans to withdraw several thousands of troops this year.
The NATO has set 2014 for a complete withdrawal. It has around 150,000 troops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing