NATO commander meets Kayani for Afghan talks
Islamabad: A top NATO commander on Tuesday held talks with Pakistan`s military leadership on the security situation in neighbouring Afghanistan and the upcoming withdrawal of foreign forces from the war-torn country.
NATO Military Committee Chairman Gen Knud Bartels met Pakistan Army chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee chairman Gen Khalid Shameem Wynne at the General Headquarters in Rawalpindi.
Bartels and Kayani discussed the security situation in Afghanistan and coordination measures between NATO forces and Pakistan Army, a military statement said.
Bartels, who is heading a high-powered delegation, later met Wynne and discussed the "emerging geo-strategic situation of Afghanistan and the post-2014 scenario".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez