NATO commander meets Kayani for Afghan talks
Islamabad: A top NATO commander on Tuesday held talks with Pakistan`s military leadership on the security situation in neighbouring Afghanistan and the upcoming withdrawal of foreign forces from the war-torn country.
NATO Military Committee Chairman Gen Knud Bartels met Pakistan Army chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee chairman Gen Khalid Shameem Wynne at the General Headquarters in Rawalpindi.
Bartels and Kayani discussed the security situation in Afghanistan and coordination measures between NATO forces and Pakistan Army, a military statement said.
Bartels, who is heading a high-powered delegation, later met Wynne and discussed the "emerging geo-strategic situation of Afghanistan and the post-2014 scenario".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends