NATO says 13 Afghan insurgents killed
Kabul: NATO says 13 insurgents have been killed in joint operations in eastern Afghanistan.
NATO`s eastern command said today that the insurgents were killed in operations that began yesterday.
The coalition says Afghan and coalition forces killed six insurgents during a joint operation in Tagab district of Kapisa province, and seven others were killed in a separate operation run by Afghan security forces in the Hisarak district of Nangarhar province.
Afghanistan has seen heavy fighting in recent weeks as warmer, spring-time weather allows insurgents to move more freely. Following the winter, militants are able to infiltrate Afghanistan from mountain passes that connect to neighbouring Pakistan where they have sanctuaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic