NATO says 13 Afghan insurgents killed
Kabul: NATO says 13 insurgents have been killed in joint operations in eastern Afghanistan.
NATO`s eastern command said today that the insurgents were killed in operations that began yesterday.
The coalition says Afghan and coalition forces killed six insurgents during a joint operation in Tagab district of Kapisa province, and seven others were killed in a separate operation run by Afghan security forces in the Hisarak district of Nangarhar province.
Afghanistan has seen heavy fighting in recent weeks as warmer, spring-time weather allows insurgents to move more freely. Following the winter, militants are able to infiltrate Afghanistan from mountain passes that connect to neighbouring Pakistan where they have sanctuaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars