No evidence for Afghan claim of misconduct: NATO
Last Updated: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:27
  
Kabul: A spokesman for the US-led coalition in Afghanistan says NATO has so far found no evidence to support Afghan allegations of misconduct by American special forces in a strategic eastern province.

German Gen Gunter Katz said today that the International Security Assistance Force will work with the government to find a solution to the concerns of Afghans.

Katz's comments come a day after President Hamid Karzai ordered all US special forces to leave Wardak province within two weeks because of allegations that Afghans working with them are torturing and abusing other Afghans.

Katz says that ISAF cannot comment until NATO meets to discuss the issue with the Afghan government.

Yesterday's order seems to have surprised both NATO and US Forces Afghanistan, a separate command.

PTI


First Published: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:27


comments powered by Disqus