Pak court reserves ruling in Lodhi removal case
Islamabad: The Islamabad High Court (IHC) has reserved its judgment on the plea of former defence secretary Lieutenant General (retd) Khalid Naeem Lodhi, against his termination on the charges of ``gross misconduct``.
During the course of the hearing by a single-member bench of the IHC, Deputy Attorney General Tariq Mehmood Jahangiri contended that the arguments presented by the petitioner`s counsel were not relevant to the case, reports The Dawn.
Moreover, Jahangiri argued that the allegations levelled by the petitioner against his termination were not based on the facts, requesting the court to dismiss Lodi’s plea against his sacking.
After hearing the arguments, the court reserved its judgment, which is likely to be announced next week.
Lodhi was sacked by the government on January 11, 2012 "for gross misconduct and illegal action and for creating misunderstanding between institutions".
Lodhi had contested his government’s decision in the courts, claiming he had been terminated unlawfully and without being given any notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users