Pak gets invited to conference on AfghanistanPak g
Islamabad: Afghanistan and Tajikistan on Wednesday
jointly invited Pakistan`s Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar
to attend the Regional Economic Cooperation Conference on
Afghanistan to be held at Dushanbe during March 26-27.
The invitation was extended to Khar by Tajikistan
Ambassador Zubaydullo Zubaydov and Afghan Ambassador Mohammad
Umer Daudzai during a meeting at the Foreign Office this
This is the fifth meeting of the Regional Economic
Cooperation Conference on Afghanistan.
Khar told the envoys that Pakistan "supported RECCA as a
process to steer economic growth and development in
Afghanistan" and had participated in all four previous
meetings of the body.
"She expressed Pakistan`s support to the Conference at
Dushanbe and wished it a success," said a statement issued by
the Foreign Office.
Pakistan has been jockeying for a greater role in the
endgame in Afghanistan as the US firms up plans to begin
pulling out most of its troops from the war-torn country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'