Pak gets invited to conference on AfghanistanPak g
Islamabad: Afghanistan and Tajikistan on Wednesday
jointly invited Pakistan`s Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar
to attend the Regional Economic Cooperation Conference on
Afghanistan to be held at Dushanbe during March 26-27.
The invitation was extended to Khar by Tajikistan
Ambassador Zubaydullo Zubaydov and Afghan Ambassador Mohammad
Umer Daudzai during a meeting at the Foreign Office this
This is the fifth meeting of the Regional Economic
Cooperation Conference on Afghanistan.
Khar told the envoys that Pakistan "supported RECCA as a
process to steer economic growth and development in
Afghanistan" and had participated in all four previous
meetings of the body.
"She expressed Pakistan`s support to the Conference at
Dushanbe and wished it a success," said a statement issued by
the Foreign Office.
Pakistan has been jockeying for a greater role in the
endgame in Afghanistan as the US firms up plans to begin
pulling out most of its troops from the war-torn country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened