Pak gets invited to conference on AfghanistanPak g
Islamabad: Afghanistan and Tajikistan on Wednesday
jointly invited Pakistan`s Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar
to attend the Regional Economic Cooperation Conference on
Afghanistan to be held at Dushanbe during March 26-27.
The invitation was extended to Khar by Tajikistan
Ambassador Zubaydullo Zubaydov and Afghan Ambassador Mohammad
Umer Daudzai during a meeting at the Foreign Office this
This is the fifth meeting of the Regional Economic
Cooperation Conference on Afghanistan.
Khar told the envoys that Pakistan "supported RECCA as a
process to steer economic growth and development in
Afghanistan" and had participated in all four previous
meetings of the body.
"She expressed Pakistan`s support to the Conference at
Dushanbe and wished it a success," said a statement issued by
the Foreign Office.
Pakistan has been jockeying for a greater role in the
endgame in Afghanistan as the US firms up plans to begin
pulling out most of its troops from the war-torn country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued