Pak gets invited to conference on AfghanistanPak g
Islamabad: Afghanistan and Tajikistan on Wednesday
jointly invited Pakistan`s Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar
to attend the Regional Economic Cooperation Conference on
Afghanistan to be held at Dushanbe during March 26-27.
The invitation was extended to Khar by Tajikistan
Ambassador Zubaydullo Zubaydov and Afghan Ambassador Mohammad
Umer Daudzai during a meeting at the Foreign Office this
This is the fifth meeting of the Regional Economic
Cooperation Conference on Afghanistan.
Khar told the envoys that Pakistan "supported RECCA as a
process to steer economic growth and development in
Afghanistan" and had participated in all four previous
meetings of the body.
"She expressed Pakistan`s support to the Conference at
Dushanbe and wished it a success," said a statement issued by
the Foreign Office.
Pakistan has been jockeying for a greater role in the
endgame in Afghanistan as the US firms up plans to begin
pulling out most of its troops from the war-torn country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter