Pak gets invited to conference on AfghanistanPak g
Islamabad: Afghanistan and Tajikistan on Wednesday
jointly invited Pakistan`s Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar
to attend the Regional Economic Cooperation Conference on
Afghanistan to be held at Dushanbe during March 26-27.
The invitation was extended to Khar by Tajikistan
Ambassador Zubaydullo Zubaydov and Afghan Ambassador Mohammad
Umer Daudzai during a meeting at the Foreign Office this
This is the fifth meeting of the Regional Economic
Cooperation Conference on Afghanistan.
Khar told the envoys that Pakistan "supported RECCA as a
process to steer economic growth and development in
Afghanistan" and had participated in all four previous
meetings of the body.
"She expressed Pakistan`s support to the Conference at
Dushanbe and wished it a success," said a statement issued by
the Foreign Office.
Pakistan has been jockeying for a greater role in the
endgame in Afghanistan as the US firms up plans to begin
pulling out most of its troops from the war-torn country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy