Pak woman burnt to death after rejecting marriage proposal
Lahore: A young woman has been burnt to death by her suitor after she rejected his marriage proposal in Pakistan`s Punjab province.
The incident took place in Toba Tek Singh district when the suspect visited the residence of the victim with his marriage proposal, according to the girl`s family members.
The proposal was turned down by the girl and it enraged the suspect who lit her on fire after sprinkling petrol on her, the family members were quoted as saying by Dawn.
The girl was shifted to a local hospital in critical condition where she succumbed to her wounds during treatment.
The suspect has been arrested, police said.
The victim`s family-members staged protests demanding justice for the deceased.
The suspect was warned several times in the past for eve-teasing the victim, they said.
The residents of that area said that the suspect also had an altercation with the victim`s brother, a day earlier, over harassment issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman