Pak: Women tied to pole for trying to steal clothes
Lahore: Two women were tied to an electricity pole after they allegedly tried to steal some clothes from a shop in Multan city of Pakistan`s Punjab province, police and local residents said on Sunday.
According to officials, shopkeeper Mohammad Farooq of Sooraj Miani area of Multan, located 400 km from Punjab capital Lahore, informed police by phone that he and other shopkeepers had caught the two women while they were allegedly trying to steal some expensive clothes from his shop.
"When we reached the spot, the shopkeepers had tied the women to an electricity pole to make an example of them," Sub-Inspector Shafiq Ahmad said.
Ahmad said that the shopkeepers claimed five other women involved in the incident managed to escape.
As the women were tied to the pole, people photographed them and shot videos with their mobile phones.
Police arrested the women and registered a case against them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!