Pakistan: 3 executed on orders of tribal council
Islamabad: Two Pakistani soldiers and a woman were publicly executed on the orders of a tribal council in the country`s northwest for allegedly having illicit
relations, a media report said on Wednesday.
Lal Said and Khayal Badshah, the soldiers from Khushal Scouts, a wing of the paramilitary Frontier Corps, and the woman were shot dead with a Kalashnikov assault rifle in the Safi area of Mohmand tribal region yesterday, The News daily
quoted its sources as saying.
The soldiers, who were on leave, had reportedly developed "illicit relations" with the woman in Sahib Khan Kor area. Local residents caught the soldiers after they entered the woman`s house at 2 pm local time yesterday.
A jirga of elders of tribal council decided to shoot the trio in public. They were executed at 4.30 pm, the report said.
The soldiers were deployed at Khazina Post in Safi sub-division.
Local tribesmen told the daily that the soldiers were in civvies when they were allegedly caught at the woman`s house. There have been several instances of people being executed in public either on the orders of a jirga or the Taliban in northwest Pakistan over the past few years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh