Pakistan: 3 executed on orders of tribal council
Islamabad: Two Pakistani soldiers and a woman were publicly executed on the orders of a tribal council in the country`s northwest for allegedly having illicit
relations, a media report said on Wednesday.
Lal Said and Khayal Badshah, the soldiers from Khushal Scouts, a wing of the paramilitary Frontier Corps, and the woman were shot dead with a Kalashnikov assault rifle in the Safi area of Mohmand tribal region yesterday, The News daily
quoted its sources as saying.
The soldiers, who were on leave, had reportedly developed "illicit relations" with the woman in Sahib Khan Kor area. Local residents caught the soldiers after they entered the woman`s house at 2 pm local time yesterday.
A jirga of elders of tribal council decided to shoot the trio in public. They were executed at 4.30 pm, the report said.
The soldiers were deployed at Khazina Post in Safi sub-division.
Local tribesmen told the daily that the soldiers were in civvies when they were allegedly caught at the woman`s house. There have been several instances of people being executed in public either on the orders of a jirga or the Taliban in northwest Pakistan over the past few years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi