Pakistan finalises defence budget of over Rs 600 bn for 2013-14
Islamabad: The Pakistan government has finalised a defence budget of Rs 627 billion for next financial year.
According to sources, besides normal defence allocations at Rs 627 billion, the defence division will get Rs 4 billion for development programme and unspecified grants as share of disbursements under the coalition support fund and the Pakistan-US strategic cooperation.
The defence production division will be given Rs 2.3 billion for development and Rs 587 million for service delivery, reports The Dawn.
The government has also set the size of the next year`s budget for service delivery by various ministries and divisions at Rs 278 billion. With sector-wise allocations, the total size of the budget is estimated at about Rs 3.515 trillion against the revised expenditure of the federal government at Rs 3.195 trillion for the current year, showing an increase of about 10 percent or Rs 320 billion.
The Finance Ministry wants to complete all formalities relating to the budget and plans to announce federal budget on or around May 31, depending on the completion of political transition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened