Pakistan takes up phone-tapping issue with US
Islambad: Pakistan Thursday said it has raised the issue of phone-tapping with the US following reports that its agencies had put phones in Pakistan under surveillance.
"We had taken up this matter with the US authorities. We are in touch with them to address this matter," Xinhua quoted Pakistan foreign ministry spokesman Aizaz Ahmed Chaudhry as telling the media.
"Any act which impinges on the sovereignty of any country and privacy of citizens is a matter of concern. We have taken up this matter with the US and are trying to resolve this matter," Chaudhry said.
When asked about an Iranian minister`s statement that a gas pipeline project with Pakistan could be scrapped, the spokesman said Pakistan remained committed to all options for addressing energy needs, including the Iran-Pakistan pipeline project.
On Pakistan`s relations with India, the spokesman said Advisor to the Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz would travel to India to participate in an Asia-Europe meeting Nov 10-11.
He said Pakistan was committed to the bilateral dialogue process with India to address all outstanding issues.
"We hope and expect that the Indian side will engage with us in a meaningful dialogue to resolve outstanding issues," Ahmed said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog