Ram Karki is new Nepalese Ambassador to India
Kathmandu: Nepal`s Cabinet on Tuesday nominated
senior Maoist leader Ram Karki, considered close to Premier
Baburam Bhattarai, as the country`s new Ambassador to India.
Karki, a Politburo member of the ruling UCPN-Maoist, will
succeed Rukma Shumsher Rana after the Parliamentary Special
Hearing Committee (PHSC) formally approves his name.
The Cabinet meeting, which was held at the Prime
Minister`s Office in Singha Durbar here, approved Karki`s name
along with two others for diplomatic postings in different
Health professional Mahesh Kumar Maskey has been
nominated as Ambassador to China while Joint Secretary
Dhananjaya Jha`s name has been proposed as envoy to the United
Karki is currently in-charge of Maoist party`s Limbuwan
State Committee and regarded close to Prime Minister
Karki`s wife hails from Sikkim, where she is currently
serving as a senior government official, according to Maoist
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- DNA: Today in History | May 25, 2016
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part II
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Andy Murray survives fresh five-set Paris battle
- Mercedes insist all cool after Spanish storm; Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg clear the air
- Foxconn factory goes 'techno'; replaces workers with 60,000 robots!
- BJP comes out in defence of Amitabh's association with second anniversary programme
- Army troops, insurgents exchange gunfire along Manipur-Myanmar border