Ram Karki is new Nepalese Ambassador to India
Kathmandu: Nepal`s Cabinet on Tuesday nominated
senior Maoist leader Ram Karki, considered close to Premier
Baburam Bhattarai, as the country`s new Ambassador to India.
Karki, a Politburo member of the ruling UCPN-Maoist, will
succeed Rukma Shumsher Rana after the Parliamentary Special
Hearing Committee (PHSC) formally approves his name.
The Cabinet meeting, which was held at the Prime
Minister`s Office in Singha Durbar here, approved Karki`s name
along with two others for diplomatic postings in different
Health professional Mahesh Kumar Maskey has been
nominated as Ambassador to China while Joint Secretary
Dhananjaya Jha`s name has been proposed as envoy to the United
Karki is currently in-charge of Maoist party`s Limbuwan
State Committee and regarded close to Prime Minister
Karki`s wife hails from Sikkim, where she is currently
serving as a senior government official, according to Maoist
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?