Severe cold wave claims 12 lives in Nepal
Kathmandu: A prevailing severe cold wave sweeping through the southern Nepal`s Tarai region has claimed lives of twelve people in a single district of Siraha, including that of a child.
Among the dead include a 8-year-old minor, six elderly women and five elderly men.
Six persons including a minor died at Itariprasahi Village in Siraha district in the last six days, due to the sudden dip in the mercury.
Mostly, Dalit children and elderly persons lost their lives in the village due to cold as they could not manage warm clothes, according to the National News Agency (RSS).
Similarly, one elderly man and two elderly women died in Sakhipur Village due to excessive cold, according to Village Development Committee Secretary, Drabeshwor Das.
Likewise, two people lost their lives in Lamdaha Village and one in Tergena Govindapur Village.
Transport services, the market, factories and educational institutions in the district have been affected due to dense fog and prevailing cold wave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!