Severe cold wave claims 12 lives in Nepal
Kathmandu: A prevailing severe cold wave sweeping through the southern Nepal`s Tarai region has claimed lives of twelve people in a single district of Siraha, including that of a child.
Among the dead include a 8-year-old minor, six elderly women and five elderly men.
Six persons including a minor died at Itariprasahi Village in Siraha district in the last six days, due to the sudden dip in the mercury.
Mostly, Dalit children and elderly persons lost their lives in the village due to cold as they could not manage warm clothes, according to the National News Agency (RSS).
Similarly, one elderly man and two elderly women died in Sakhipur Village due to excessive cold, according to Village Development Committee Secretary, Drabeshwor Das.
Likewise, two people lost their lives in Lamdaha Village and one in Tergena Govindapur Village.
Transport services, the market, factories and educational institutions in the district have been affected due to dense fog and prevailing cold wave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof