Severe cold wave claims 12 lives in Nepal
Kathmandu: A prevailing severe cold wave sweeping through the southern Nepal`s Tarai region has claimed lives of twelve people in a single district of Siraha, including that of a child.
Among the dead include a 8-year-old minor, six elderly women and five elderly men.
Six persons including a minor died at Itariprasahi Village in Siraha district in the last six days, due to the sudden dip in the mercury.
Mostly, Dalit children and elderly persons lost their lives in the village due to cold as they could not manage warm clothes, according to the National News Agency (RSS).
Similarly, one elderly man and two elderly women died in Sakhipur Village due to excessive cold, according to Village Development Committee Secretary, Drabeshwor Das.
Likewise, two people lost their lives in Lamdaha Village and one in Tergena Govindapur Village.
Transport services, the market, factories and educational institutions in the district have been affected due to dense fog and prevailing cold wave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble