Six Taliban rebels killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: At least six suspected pro-Taliban rebels were killed and five others detained in military operations by NATO-led forces in eastern Afghanistan, military officials said Wednesday.
"The Afghan National Security and Coalition Forces killed six insurgents and detained five suspected insurgents," the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said in a statement.
The forces also discovered weapons and "safely cleared five improvised explosive devices (IEDs) during the operations in eastern Afghanistan" in the last 24 hours, it said.
The operations were conducted in Ghazni, Nangarhar, Nuristan, Paktia, Paktika and Parwan provinces, it added.
The Afghan security forces and the ISAF troops have intensified operations against Taliban and other militant groups recently.
Earlier Wednesday, one Afghan policeman was killed and one cop and seven civilians were wounded when an IED went off in Jalalabad city, the provincial capital of eastern Nangarhar province, officials said, adding that several children were among the wounded.
On Tuesday, three US soldiers of the ISAF were killed in an IED attack in the southern Kandahar province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing