Three Americans briefly detained in Pakistan
Lahore: Three Americans and their two
Pakistani companions were briefly detained for visiting Punjab
province`s Attock city, where foreigners are barred from
entering, officials have said.
The Americans and the Pakistani women were taken into
custody at the office of an Afghanistan-based NGO in Attock.
"We detained the foreigners as they did not have visas
for Attock," a senior police officer said.
The US nationals James Richard, Jonathan Paul and
Daniel Ryan were freed after the intervention of the US
Consulate in Lahore. The two Pakistani women detained along
with them were also released, police officials said.
"We have freed them after investigating the matter," the
A source said that the Americans were freed after the
US Consulate intervened in the matter. The Americans work for
an NGO and had travelled to Pakistan from India via the Wagah
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred