Two NATO troops killed in Afghan insider attack
Kabul: NATO says two men in Afghan uniforms have shot dead two service members in the international coalition.
Today`s attack in the east of the country appears to be the latest in a series of insider attacks on foreign forces. The NATO-led coalition said more information would be released later after an investigation into what happened.
Insider attacks in the past have been claimed by Taliban insurgents as proof they can infiltrate Afghanistan`s Western-trained security forces.
Other cases have involved personal disputes between Afghan forces and their trainers.
The Taliban earlier today issued a statement claiming that a "battle" between Afghan forces and foreign trainers had resulted in several deaths and injuries, but Afghan government officials contacted at the time could not confirm any such incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon