Two NATO troops killed in Afghan insider attack
Kabul: NATO says two men in Afghan uniforms have shot dead two service members in the international coalition.
Today`s attack in the east of the country appears to be the latest in a series of insider attacks on foreign forces. The NATO-led coalition said more information would be released later after an investigation into what happened.
Insider attacks in the past have been claimed by Taliban insurgents as proof they can infiltrate Afghanistan`s Western-trained security forces.
Other cases have involved personal disputes between Afghan forces and their trainers.
The Taliban earlier today issued a statement claiming that a "battle" between Afghan forces and foreign trainers had resulted in several deaths and injuries, but Afghan government officials contacted at the time could not confirm any such incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi