Two NATO troops killed in Afghan insider attack
Kabul: NATO says two men in Afghan uniforms have shot dead two service members in the international coalition.
Today`s attack in the east of the country appears to be the latest in a series of insider attacks on foreign forces. The NATO-led coalition said more information would be released later after an investigation into what happened.
Insider attacks in the past have been claimed by Taliban insurgents as proof they can infiltrate Afghanistan`s Western-trained security forces.
Other cases have involved personal disputes between Afghan forces and their trainers.
The Taliban earlier today issued a statement claiming that a "battle" between Afghan forces and foreign trainers had resulted in several deaths and injuries, but Afghan government officials contacted at the time could not confirm any such incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you