Two NATO troops killed in Afghan insider attack
Kabul: NATO says two men in Afghan uniforms have shot dead two service members in the international coalition.
Today`s attack in the east of the country appears to be the latest in a series of insider attacks on foreign forces. The NATO-led coalition said more information would be released later after an investigation into what happened.
Insider attacks in the past have been claimed by Taliban insurgents as proof they can infiltrate Afghanistan`s Western-trained security forces.
Other cases have involved personal disputes between Afghan forces and their trainers.
The Taliban earlier today issued a statement claiming that a "battle" between Afghan forces and foreign trainers had resulted in several deaths and injuries, but Afghan government officials contacted at the time could not confirm any such incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach