Two NATO troops killed in Afghan insider attack
Kabul: NATO says two men in Afghan uniforms have shot dead two service members in the international coalition.
Today`s attack in the east of the country appears to be the latest in a series of insider attacks on foreign forces. The NATO-led coalition said more information would be released later after an investigation into what happened.
Insider attacks in the past have been claimed by Taliban insurgents as proof they can infiltrate Afghanistan`s Western-trained security forces.
Other cases have involved personal disputes between Afghan forces and their trainers.
The Taliban earlier today issued a statement claiming that a "battle" between Afghan forces and foreign trainers had resulted in several deaths and injuries, but Afghan government officials contacted at the time could not confirm any such incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Pokemon Go debuts in the country where Pokemon was born!
- Nationwide frenzy as ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth arrives in style
- This is what Zakir Naik thinks about Narendra Modi, Islamic State and jihad
- India vs West Indies, 1st Test: Virender Sehwag predicted Virat Kohli's 12th ton before we all knew it!
- Lok Sabha adjourns after uproar over AAP MP Bhagwant Mann's Parliament video, other issues