Astronaut Chris Hadfield to release first book in October
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield will be adding another feather to his cap after his recent stint as commander of the International Space Station - this time as a writer.
He is set to chronicle his illustrious career in a new book titled An Astronaut`s Guide to Life on Earth after signing a two-book deal with Random House Canada.
"On his last mission as Commander of the International Space Station, Chris Hadfield inspired the world with what he conveyed of his experiences through Twitter, through YouTube and other social media. Imagine what his eloquence, and unique vantage point, will deliver at book length: not only has there never been an `astronaut book` like this one, there has never been another book like this one," Anne Collins, publisher of the Knopf Random Canada Publishing Group, said in a press release.
Collins adds that "Chris has a delightful capacity to bring home the fascinating details of what it takes to be an astronaut and what it`s like to live in microgravity, and then to dig deeper into all the surprising training and lessons learned that help him, and the whole astronaut corps, do the impossible as if it`s another day at work. On top of that, he might be the best witness we`ve ever had to the wonders of space, the fragility and beauty of our planet, and the necessity to keep pushing the envelope of space exploration."
Hadfield commanded the International Space Station for five months as part of Expedition 35. Extremely internet savvy, he shared his experiences onboard the space station with fellow Earthlings via social media, garnering thousands of fans around the world.
The book will hit the stores on October 29, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble