Commercial crew flights from Florida's Space Coast to the International Space Station will restore America's human spaceflight launch capability and increase the time US crews can dedicate to scientific research, which is helping prepare astronauts for deep space missions, including the Journey to Mars, NASA said in a statement on Saturday.
The US space agency NASA has released a beautiful photograph of the remnants of a long-dead star.
Although the Earth is constantly being hit with with asteroids that entered and disintegrated in its atmosphere, life has survived the impact and lived through each crisis today.
Astronauts who were part of the successful Apollo space mission are going through higher rates of cardiovascular problems likely caused by their exposure to deep space radiation, says a researcher from Florida State University.
An avid social media user, Williams has managed to keep his followers on their toes by sharing some intriguing photos and videos.
Astronomers have discovered a new type of exotic binary star system, in which a rapidly spinning white dwarf star is lashing the companion red dwarf star with high-energy particles, causing the entire system to pulse dramatically every 1.97 minutes with radiation ranging from the ultraviolet to radio.
The US space agency NASA has released illustrated image of the magnetic field that depicts the interior of a low-mass star, such as GJ 3253, a low-mass red dwarf star about 31 light years away from our planet.
Officials of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) had earlier said the scramjet engine would be tested this week.
Jupiter's Great Red Spot with its swirl of reddish hues may be the mysterious heat source behind the planet's surprisingly high upper atmospheric temperatures, new NASA-funded research suggests.
This space boot comes with built-in sensors and tiny 'haptic' motors whose vibrations can help astronauts avoid the risk of tripping over obstacles.
NASA astronaut Jeff Williams who is currently aboard the International Space Station (ISS) has always shared beautiful images and videos of planet Earth from space.
NASA astronaut, Jeff Williams who is the commander of the International Space Station (ISS) has never failed to amaze us by sharing beautiful images and videos of the Earth taken in space.
The US space agency NASA has released a video explaining the case of the missing Ceres craters.
Halo is spinning at about 400,000 mph and the disk moves at 540,000 mph.
The size of all the four rocky exoplanets are about 20% to 50% wider than our home planet.
NGC 3125 is located approximately 50 million light-years away in the constellation of Antlia.
The new knowledge sheds light on how individual atoms have assembled into stars, planets and galaxies like our own, and what the future holds for these galaxies.
The OSIRIS-REx spacecraft, equipped with an instrument, will measure the spectral signatures of Bennu's mineralogical and molecular components.
In the image, which was released on Monday, Saturn's A and F rings appear bizarrely warped where they intersect the planet's limb, whose atmosphere acts here like a very big lens.
The US space agency NASA's Viking mission made history forty years ago when it became the first to successfully land a fully operational spacecraft on the red planet, Mars.
The Large Underground Xenon (LUX), world’s most sensitive particle detector, has failed to yield any evidence of dark matter.
Now, the team of scientists at SDO captured the sun in all its golden glory once again, showing a close-up of bursts of solar material repeatedly emerging from it.
The US space agency began its new mission named 'NASA Extreme Environment Mission Operations (NEEMO) 21' on July 21, 2016.
The US space agency NASA has released a close-up video of solar material bursting repeatedly from the Sun.
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will launch INSAT-3DR next month with its GSLV rocket, said Kiran Kumar at the Madras Institute of Technology Alumni Association meeting here.
The Indian space agency is working with US NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory to develope a satellite.
NASA astronaut Jeff Williams, who is currently aboard the International Space Station (ISS), has been showering us with the amazing photographs and videos of our planet.
The NASA Translational Research Institute (NTRI) will implement a “bench-to-spaceflight” model, moving results or methods from laboratory experiments or clinical trials to point-of-care astronaut health and performance applications.
To mark one-year of EPIC capturing earth from 1 million miles away, NASA released a stunning time-lapse video comprising of more than 3, 000 images of the Earth as it moved around the sun for 365 days.
Ever wondered how female astronauts deal with their menstrual periods while they're in space? Perhaps, you may recall the 'Sally Ride space tampons', which might be the most-discussed tampons in the world.
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind Yahoo's downfall
- DNA: Analyzing the deaths caused by electricity
- DNA: Analyzing the deaths caused by electricity Part-II
- DNA: Today in History, 28 July, 2016
- Women fight over seat in London metro
- Sacked AAP minister claims threat to his life from Kejriwal and his men
- Pacer Neil Wagner bags six wickets as New Zealand restrict Zimbabwe to 164 on Day 1
- Price rise: FM Jaitley counters Rahul Gandhi, says bluster no match to statistics
- Indian men's hockey team go down 1-4 to Spain in Rio Olympics preparation match
- When Microsoft almost bought Yahoo for $45 billion!
- HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi
- After Kejriwal's dramatic video message, sacked AAP minister claims his life under threat from Delhi CM
- Ruthlessness and positive the key to success in bowling: Ishant Sharma
- Telangana: suspension of 11 lower court judges revoked
- Aung San Suu Kyi keen to visit India
- Badal acquired land for construction of SYL: Amarinder
- Bombay HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi
- Punjab court rejects bail plea of Delhi AAP MLA
- LeT 'Ameer' led funeral procession of Burhan Wani, says Hafiz Saeed
- Strike of auto and taxi unions against app-based cab services in Delhi ends
- Bihar flood toll rises to 22; 17 lakh people in 10 districts affected