The US space agency NASA's lost football-field-sized balloon with a telescope hanging beneath it has been recovered Antarctica from after a year of its flight.
Orion is being built with an eye to one day ferrying astronauts to Earth`s neighboring planet, Mars, perhaps by the 2030s.
NASA says colors are enhanced in the cutout of a pit exposing reddish layers.
The eclipse - during which the Sun will all but disappear as the Moon crosses its path --will be most visible in a 100-kilometre (62-mile) band cutting through Chile, Argentina, Angola, Zambia and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
NASA says, the unpiloted Russian Progress 66 resupply ship will dock to the station's Pirs docking compartment at 3:34 a.m. Friday, February 24.
A bench headed by Dipak Misra fixed the matter for final disposal in second week of April after the advocate for one of the respondents sought time to file a counter affidavit.
SpaceX Dargon spacecraft carrying an unmanned cargo ship packed with food and supplies for astronauts has safely arrived at International Space Station on Thursday.
The first known system of seven Earth-sized planets around a single star was made using the US space agency NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope.
SpaceX Dragon cargo craft's rendezvous to the space station was aborted early Wednesday morning after the spacecraft’s computers received an incorrect navigational update, triggering an automatic wave off.
The star hosting the seven exoplanets isn't being talked about much, but holds equal importance since it is the body the new planets are orbiting.
Fascinatingly, at least three of the seven rocky worlds represent the “holy grail for planet-hunting astronomers” as they are firmly located in the 'habitable zone'.
The rare late-day, special doodle shows planet Earth looking through NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope and spotting the star and the seven Earth-like planets.
The US space agency NASA has discovered another 'solar system' - seven Earth-like planets orbiting a small star in a galaxy 40 light years away.
NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope has made a stunning discovery on the first known system of seven Earth-size planets orbiting around a single star in our galaxy.
SpaceX has delayed its shipment to the International Space Station on Wednesday due to a navigation error and following an otherwise flawless flight from NASA's historic moon pad.
The launch of the Russian Progress 66 is scheduled for 12:58 a.m. Wednesday (11:58 a.m. Baikonur time).
The gamma-ray signal detected by the Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope is similar to one seen by Fermi at the center of our own Milky Way galaxy.
Thomas Pesquet has shared a stunning view of icy Canada which looks like marble as seen from the International Space Station.
The US space agency, NASA has released a breathtaking view of rayed crater on Saturn's moon, Dione.
Prominent NASA scientists, astronomers and a professor of planetary science and physics at Massachusetts Institute of Technology will participate at the briefing.
Kumar said ISRO was also mulling tying up with the industry to enhance the country's satellite launching capability.
Juno is healthy, its science instruments are fully operational, and the data and images we have received are nothing short of amazing, says Thomas Zurbuchen, associate administrator for NASA's Science Mission Directorate.
Frankly ISRO does not claim it wanted to set any record," K. Sivan, Director, Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), Thiruvananthapuram, which makes the PSLV and all other rockets for ISRO said.
As astronauts travel farther into the solar system, explorers may need to remain in their suits for several days.
China may fast-track the commercialisation of its rocket launches after India's success , Chinese-state run media quoted officials as saying in a report titled 'India's satellite launch ramps up space race'.
Millions of these particles strike your body each second. Despite their numbers, this subatomic torrent is imperceptible and has no known harmful effects on living organisms.
The white rocket soared into the cloudy, gray skies over Cape Canaveral, Florida at 9:38 am (1438 GMT).
It can cause a variety of health problems, including sepsis, pneumonia and skin and bloodstream infections.
Now, it seems that researchers at KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Sweden have found the answer.
The 'laugh star' is a 3D-printed representation of sound waves generated from human laughter and is a part of a project called #Laugh.
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- DNA: BJP President Amit Shah's Exclusive interview
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- DNA: Today in history, 24 February, 2017
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- LPG Gas Cylinder blasts in a restaurant in Delhi's Vikash Puri area killed 2 firemen, 2 injured
- Delighted to be a part of Maha Shivratri celebrations: PM Modi in Coimbatore
- DNA: Why Farooq Abdullah is having so much love towards anti-nationals?
- DNA: Former CM Kalikho Pul’s suicide note casts corruption allegations on judiciary
- Watch - Shivratri festival being observed with great enthusiasm across the country
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!
- Watch: Ravindra Jadeja teases Aussie captain Steve Smith with hilarious impersonation
- WATCH: Virat Kohli 'clean bowled' after being deceived by Australian talisman Steve O'Keefe
- Kanpur train derailment: PM Narendra Modi hints at Pakistan hand
- WATCH: When Pune crowd refused to return ball on India's collapsing day
- India vs Australia, 1st Test: Anil Kumble defends team, says it was just one bad day in office
- Mark the date – Watch this year's only breathtaking 'ring of fire' solar eclipse on February 26
- Kansas shooting: Donald Trump is the primary reason, says Srinivas Kuchibhotla's relative
- PM Narendra Modi blasts Congress in Imphal rally: As it happened