Earth `overdue` for killer asteroid hit
Johannesburg: A new study has warned that Earth has been "overdue" for potential major impact of a `killer` asteroid.
According to the Christian Science Monitor website`s report, the B612 Foundation`s study showed that the planet should expect a massive asteroid impact once every 100 years, News24 reported.
These asteroids could prove more dangerous than the Hiroshima atomic bomb as one asteroid is equivalent to 40 of those atomic bombs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune