GSAT-10 to be launched on Sept 29
Bangalore: India`s communication satellite GSAT-10, slated to be launched early today, will now be launched on September 29 following a technical problem on board Ariane 5 launcher from the spaceport of Kourou in French Guiana.
The spacecraft was originally slated to be launched early today, along with ASTRA 2F, but the lift-off was postponed a week ago following a snag in the Ariane 5 rocket of the European space consortium, Arianespace, a commercial launch services provider, according to sources in Indian Space Research Organisation here.
The spacecraft will now be launched on September 29 at 2.48 AM, they said.
ASTRA 2F spacecraft was built by the Astrium division of EADS for Luxembourg-based SES.
On September 15, Arianespace found a "small snag" ("small damage") (leakage) on the upper side of the Ariane rocket and and it carried out additional checks to see if one gram of dust particles that was not accounted for, has stuck to critical moving parts.
"One gram of dust particles could have probably gone inside (the rocket). So, the idea is to find out whether it`s sticking to a critical moving part", Radhakrishnan told reporters on Monday.
GSAT-10 is a Rs 750 crore mission for ISRO, including satellite, launch services and insurance, officials said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'