Iran sends monkey into space
Tehran: Iran has sent a live monkey into space onboard the indigenous Pishgam rocket, state-run Press TV reported Monday.
A capsule containing the monkey was sent into space and the "shipment" was retrieved intact later, Xinhua cited the Tehran-based Arab-language Al-Alam channel as saying.
The project was studied and carried out by Iran`s Space Agency.
The capsule in the Pishgam (Pioneer) rocket was launched by the aerospace division of Iran`s defence ministry to a pre-determined orbit, the Fars news agency said.
None of the reports elaborated on its duration of the capsule in space.
A previous attempt by Tehran to send a monkey into space was reported to have failed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter