Iran sends monkey into space
Tehran: Iran has sent a live monkey into space onboard the indigenous Pishgam rocket, state-run Press TV reported Monday.
A capsule containing the monkey was sent into space and the "shipment" was retrieved intact later, Xinhua cited the Tehran-based Arab-language Al-Alam channel as saying.
The project was studied and carried out by Iran`s Space Agency.
The capsule in the Pishgam (Pioneer) rocket was launched by the aerospace division of Iran`s defence ministry to a pre-determined orbit, the Fars news agency said.
None of the reports elaborated on its duration of the capsule in space.
A previous attempt by Tehran to send a monkey into space was reported to have failed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India