Iran sends monkey into space
Tehran: Iran has sent a live monkey into space onboard the indigenous Pishgam rocket, state-run Press TV reported Monday.
A capsule containing the monkey was sent into space and the "shipment" was retrieved intact later, Xinhua cited the Tehran-based Arab-language Al-Alam channel as saying.
The project was studied and carried out by Iran`s Space Agency.
The capsule in the Pishgam (Pioneer) rocket was launched by the aerospace division of Iran`s defence ministry to a pre-determined orbit, the Fars news agency said.
None of the reports elaborated on its duration of the capsule in space.
A previous attempt by Tehran to send a monkey into space was reported to have failed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...