NASA OKs East Coast rocket test launch this week
Atlantic: A private company is planning a test launch today of a rocket intended to be used on supply runs to the International Space Station, but officials warn weather could delay the effort.
Orbital Sciences Corp. Of Dulles, Virginia, is set to launch its unmanned Antares rocket today from Wallops Island, Virginia, and it could be visible in cities from Washington to New York.
But NASA said yesterday there`s only a 45 per cent chance weather conditions would allow a launch today. Orbital would try again tomorrow if need be.
If successful in sending a practice payload into orbit, Orbital aims to send its cargo ship to dock with the International Space Station this summer on a test run.
Orbital and California-based SpaceX have contracted to make space station supply runs with NASA, which ended its shuttle programme in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, Bihar Matric Results 2016: (biharboard.bih.nic.in), BSEB 10th Result 2016 to be declared tomorrow on May 29
- Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's 'Udta Punjab' is not banned, tweets Anurag Kashyap!
- Check out: 6 beauteous beaches in Odisha you didn't know much about!
- IPL VIDEO: When 'livid' Praveen Kumar charged at Hyderabad skipper David Warner
- Must watch: Indian billionaires and their private jets