NASA releases new images of 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic sites
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Keeping up with the spirit of 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, which begins from February 7, NASA has released new stunning images of the Olympic sites from space.
NASA`s Terra satellite captured these images on January 4. The first image shows the current host city Sochi on the Black Sea coast.
The second image captures the Rosa Khutar ski resort in the mountains near Sochi. Skiing and snowboarding competitions will take place at this location.
The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics officially started from February 7 with an opening ceremony at the Fisht Olympic Stadium. It will run from February 7-23 while the Winter Paralympics will be held between March 7-16.
Pic Courtesy: NASA/GSFC/METI/ERSDAC/JAROS, and U.S./Japan ASTER Science Team
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok