NASA releases new images of 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic sites
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Keeping up with the spirit of 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, which begins from February 7, NASA has released new stunning images of the Olympic sites from space.
NASA`s Terra satellite captured these images on January 4. The first image shows the current host city Sochi on the Black Sea coast.
The second image captures the Rosa Khutar ski resort in the mountains near Sochi. Skiing and snowboarding competitions will take place at this location.
The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics officially started from February 7 with an opening ceremony at the Fisht Olympic Stadium. It will run from February 7-23 while the Winter Paralympics will be held between March 7-16.
Pic Courtesy: NASA/GSFC/METI/ERSDAC/JAROS, and U.S./Japan ASTER Science Team
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- When Taylor Swift turned 'Batman' for Dave Grohl
- Brexit consequence: Jaitley, Rajan say country will withstand
- Senegal says ex-president Wade`s son freed after graft pardon
- OUCET 2016 Results declared; download Osmania University Common Entrance Tests 2016 Rank Card here
- Will have to see how implementation rolls out: Verma on Brexit