NASA releases new images of 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic sites
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Keeping up with the spirit of 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, which begins from February 7, NASA has released new stunning images of the Olympic sites from space.
NASA`s Terra satellite captured these images on January 4. The first image shows the current host city Sochi on the Black Sea coast.
The second image captures the Rosa Khutar ski resort in the mountains near Sochi. Skiing and snowboarding competitions will take place at this location.
The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics officially started from February 7 with an opening ceremony at the Fisht Olympic Stadium. It will run from February 7-23 while the Winter Paralympics will be held between March 7-16.
Pic Courtesy: NASA/GSFC/METI/ERSDAC/JAROS, and U.S./Japan ASTER Science Team
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review