NASA releases pics of Earth Day `global selfie
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: NASA has released a 3.2 gigapixel Global Selfie of the entire Earth on Earth Day.
The selfie is created from 36,000 selfies that people shared on social networking sites.
Earth Day is an annual event, celebrated on April 22, on which events are held worldwide to demonstrate support for environmental protection.
Users can zoom the 3.2-gigapixel image to look at individual photos.
The "global selfie" mosaic was built using more than 36,000 individual photographs drawn from the more than 50,000 images tagged #GlobalSelfie and posted on or around Earth Day, April 22, on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Google+ and Flickr.
Selfies were posted by people on every continent and 113 countries and regions, from Antarctica to Yemen, Greenland to Guatemala, and Pakistan to Peru.
The `global selfie` was assembled after several weeks of collecting and curating the submitted images, NASA reported.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!