Not to be missed! How Earth looks from Mars
New York: NASA`s Curiosity rover on red planet has snapped its first view of Earth - with the Moon shining nearby - from the surface of Mars.
The image makes Earth look minuscule if seen from other planets!
Earlier, the most famous photograph of Earth from space was `Pale Blue Dot` view captured by NASA`s Voyager 1 spacecraft in 1990.
The Curiosity rover used the left-eye camera to get this striking image.
It first watched the Martian sunset then photographed Earth, said a NASA press release.
"A human observer with normal vision, if standing on Mars, could easily see Earth and the moon as two distinct, bright `evening stars`," said NASA officials.
The Mars rover got this image during its 529th day on the Martian surface.
The $2.5 billion rover has been exploring the vast Gale Crater on Mars since August 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Lifestyle changes to prevent diabetes can also cut cancer risk: Experts
- Odisha shocker: No ambulance, staff break bones of woman's dead body to carry it on a sling
- Insult to Prophet Mohammad: Dispose off case against Hindu Mahasabha leader in 4 weeks, SC tells Allahabad HC
- SHOCKING! Man beaten to death in Delhi for golgappas - Watch
- RSS questions Rahul Gandhi's remark, demands apology