Not to be missed! How Earth looks from Mars
New York: NASA`s Curiosity rover on red planet has snapped its first view of Earth - with the Moon shining nearby - from the surface of Mars.
The image makes Earth look minuscule if seen from other planets!
Earlier, the most famous photograph of Earth from space was `Pale Blue Dot` view captured by NASA`s Voyager 1 spacecraft in 1990.
The Curiosity rover used the left-eye camera to get this striking image.
It first watched the Martian sunset then photographed Earth, said a NASA press release.
"A human observer with normal vision, if standing on Mars, could easily see Earth and the moon as two distinct, bright `evening stars`," said NASA officials.
The Mars rover got this image during its 529th day on the Martian surface.
The $2.5 billion rover has been exploring the vast Gale Crater on Mars since August 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP