Not to be missed! How Earth looks from Mars
New York: NASA`s Curiosity rover on red planet has snapped its first view of Earth - with the Moon shining nearby - from the surface of Mars.
The image makes Earth look minuscule if seen from other planets!
Earlier, the most famous photograph of Earth from space was `Pale Blue Dot` view captured by NASA`s Voyager 1 spacecraft in 1990.
The Curiosity rover used the left-eye camera to get this striking image.
It first watched the Martian sunset then photographed Earth, said a NASA press release.
"A human observer with normal vision, if standing on Mars, could easily see Earth and the moon as two distinct, bright `evening stars`," said NASA officials.
The Mars rover got this image during its 529th day on the Martian surface.
The $2.5 billion rover has been exploring the vast Gale Crater on Mars since August 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?