Russia needs leaner space industry: Roscosmos
Moscow: Russia needs a leaner space industry, and that means significant job cuts, according to Vladimir Popovkin, head of Russia`s Space Agency Roscosmos.
"Unless we act now - we will cease to be competitive," he warned.
Speaking about the need for reform, Popovkin said that "reorganising Roscosmos into a holding company will ensure maximum staffing" across the sector.
"If today over 250 people are employed then we calculate that the maximum should be 150-170," he said during a lecture for science and technology students.
In recent years Russia`s space programm has suffered a series of failures, from lost satellites and abortive launches to Fobos-Grunt`s failure to leave low earth orbit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what