Russia needs leaner space industry: Roscosmos
Moscow: Russia needs a leaner space industry, and that means significant job cuts, according to Vladimir Popovkin, head of Russia`s Space Agency Roscosmos.
"Unless we act now - we will cease to be competitive," he warned.
Speaking about the need for reform, Popovkin said that "reorganising Roscosmos into a holding company will ensure maximum staffing" across the sector.
"If today over 250 people are employed then we calculate that the maximum should be 150-170," he said during a lecture for science and technology students.
In recent years Russia`s space programm has suffered a series of failures, from lost satellites and abortive launches to Fobos-Grunt`s failure to leave low earth orbit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor