Russian space freighter docks with ISS
Moscow: Russia`s Progress M-18M cargo spacecraft, launched Monday, performed an automated docking with the International Space Station (ISS) early Tuesday, RIA Novosti reported.
"The docking was carried out in automated regime, as scheduled," a mission control spokesman said.
The Progress M-18M was launched from the Baikonur site in Kazakhstan Monday.
The spacecraft is delivering water, food, personal hygiene items, medical and photo equipment, Russian flags and presents for the ISS crew.
With a record of more than 130 launches since 1972, Progress-family freighters remain the backbone of the Russian space cargo fleet.
In addition to their main mission as cargo spacecraft, they are used to adjust the space station`s orbit and conduct scientific experiments.
Xinhua said it was carrying over 2,500 kg of supplies plus equipment.
The current ISS crew comprises three Russians, two Americans and one Canadian.
The cargo spacecraft is travelling along the fast-track trajectory, which takes only six hours to reach the ISS.
For that, the Mission Control will conduct four correcting manoeuvres.
This is only the third time that the Mission Control is using the fast-track docking instead of the traditional two-day travels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state