Sambalpur to get a planetarium soon
Sambalpur: After state capital of Bhubaneswar, second planetarium of Odisha is all set to come up at a cost of Rs 12 crore in Sambalpur shortly.
Five acres of land had been selected for the construction of the planetarium near Jyoti Vihar and Hirakud dam at Burla town, about 15 km from here, official sources here said.
The state Government has allocated a sum of Rs five crore for this purpose in first phase. Total rupees 12 crore have been budgeted for the project. This project will consist of a planetarium and a science park.
Out of five acre area identified for the purpose, planetarium will be built over two acre and science park on rest area.
"The proposed planetarium will be fully digital. IDCO will execute this structure and architecture design work has been assigned to a Kolkata-based consultant agency", said a senior official of the science and technology department.
A team of officials from the departments of revenue and works visited the proposed planetarium site recently for preliminary steps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok