Space X postpones Falcon 9 launch due to technical snag
Zee Media Bureau/Liji Varghese
New Delhi: The much anticipated launch of SpaceX rocket was postponed Monday after a technical glitch halted the countdown less than four minutes before lift-off.
The US space transportation company’s Falcon 9 rocket had been scheduled to blast off at 5:37 pm ET from Cape Canaveral, Florida.
The next launch attempt has been slated on Thursday at 5:38 pm ET.
A total of three attempts were made to get the Falcon off the ground in the allotted 65-minute window. However, technical glitch thwarted the lift off each time.
“We observed unexpected readings with the first stage liquid oxygen system so we decided to investigate,” noted SpaceX in a statement. “The launch vehicle and satellite are in great shape and we are looking forward to the next launch opportunity on Thursday at 5:38 pm Eastern time.”
SpaceX, owned and operated by Internet entrepreneur Elon Musk, was trying to put a 3.1-tonne TV satellite in orbit for the Luxembourg-based operator SES.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016: David Warner cannot stop praising Virat Kohli's unbelievable form in ninth edition
- Modi's Iran visit: India commits huge investment in Chabahar
- Potassium bromate, potassium iodate in bread: This is how they can affect your health!
- Congress, BJP have husband-wife like relationship: Arvind Kejriwal
- Oops! Bella Hadid's revealing outfits stun glamour world – Watch