Space X postpones Falcon 9 launch due to technical snag
Zee Media Bureau/Liji Varghese
New Delhi: The much anticipated launch of SpaceX rocket was postponed Monday after a technical glitch halted the countdown less than four minutes before lift-off.
The US space transportation company’s Falcon 9 rocket had been scheduled to blast off at 5:37 pm ET from Cape Canaveral, Florida.
The next launch attempt has been slated on Thursday at 5:38 pm ET.
A total of three attempts were made to get the Falcon off the ground in the allotted 65-minute window. However, technical glitch thwarted the lift off each time.
“We observed unexpected readings with the first stage liquid oxygen system so we decided to investigate,” noted SpaceX in a statement. “The launch vehicle and satellite are in great shape and we are looking forward to the next launch opportunity on Thursday at 5:38 pm Eastern time.”
SpaceX, owned and operated by Internet entrepreneur Elon Musk, was trying to put a 3.1-tonne TV satellite in orbit for the Luxembourg-based operator SES.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video